Dear External Patrons
Due to the pandemic and quarantine restrictions, all library services for external patrons are frozen.
Please check the web page regularly for updates on re-opening
- External users may borrow up to 2 items at a time
- Books are loaned for 2 week periods and can be renewed if holds have not been placed on the materials
- Reference and Reserved materials may be borrowed in the Library premises
- Fines will apply to any late returns or lost items.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account. The library strongly advises against loaning items you have borrowed to another person. In the event of loss or a late return, you will be liable for the applicable fines.
- Access to e-Resources in the Library premises.
- Access to computer clusters and the Xerox machine for using library e-Resources only.
- Management of ”My Account” through webOPAC (to renew checkouts or place hold on checked out items.
- Mailing List service.
AGBU PAPAZIAN LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP POLICY
The AGBU Papazian Library is open to:
- AUA Alumni
- AUA Open Education Students, and
- Members of the Public, aged 16 years old and over.
To apply for the AGBU Papazian Library membership ID card you need to present a valid passport or a national identity card. International patrons must either present a residence permit or complete a Consent Form regarding the security deposit payment.
The loss of a library card must be reported immediately. The Library patron must pay for the replacement of the lost card.
Change of personal and contact information must be reported immediately.
A patron is allowed to borrow two books from the Library for a two-week period and may renew them if there are no holds placed on them. A patron is responsible for any materials borrowed on his/her card, and for lost or overdue items the patron pays a fine.
Use of Library Space and Facilities
The use of the Library Reading Rooms and other library facilities is restricted to AUA students and faculty only.
Other library members may use the library space and facilities for:
- Using reference/Art, Standardized Test Prep materials, and e-resources.
- Printing/photocopying/scanning of Library materials
- AUA Alumni and AUA Open Education Students are allowed to use the Library Reading Rooms with Internet access during evening hours (from 8pm- 2am) and Summer Break (June-July-August).
Membership Fees and Fines
12.000 AMD membership fee (non-refundable), (AUA Alumni and AUA Open Education students are exempt.)
6.000 AMD renewal fee (non-refundable).
6000 AMD renewal of the lost card.
15,000 AMD security deposit for International patrons (refundable upon termination of library membership) ∙
100 AMD overdue fine per day per item. ∙
1,5 times the price for the lost item.
50 AMD/page for printing and copying.
Members failing to obey the library policy may lose their membership with forfeit of all payments. Patrons who attempt to leave the Library with library materials that have not been checked out properly will be barred from future use of the Library.