1. The book is not on the shelf, where could it be?
- Please check for the following information in the Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
ex. Copy : Must be Reading Room
Status : Must be Available for Circulation
If the location is other than Reading Room (like: Computer Services, College of Science and Engineering, CHSS, CBE , etc. that means the book is not in the Papazian Library.
If the location is Reference, ask the Reference Desk Librarian for the book.
Remember : you cannot take the reference books out of the library!
If the location is Textbook Reserve Shelf ask the Circulation Desk Librarian for the book.
- Please make sure that you copy the book call number correctly.
- Please check the tables and the small shelves between the main bookshelves where the library patrons usually leave the books after using them in the Reading Room.
- Please ask the librarian to check the book tracks and bookshelves in the Circulation Desk area.
2. What is the Trace Request?
This is another way to look for the missing book. Ask the Circulation Desk Librarian for the Trace Request form. Fill in the bibliographic information of the book (such as call number, author, title, publication year) and your ID number.
Within a week the librarians will trace that book. As soon as they find the book they will call you.
If the librarians do not succeed in their efforts, they will change the status of the book to Missing.
3. What is to “Place a Hold” on a book?
If the status of the book is checked out, but you still want to borrow it. What to do?
Copy the Item ID of the book from the Copy Information window. And ask the Circulation Desk Librarian to “HOLD” the book. Or you can place a hold on a checked out book yourself. How to do that?
- Click on “HOLD” icon that displays to the right from bibliographic record, and follow the prompts.
- Enter your user ID and password. Then click the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Select the date from drop down menu and click the “HOLD” icon.
The On Hold book cannot be renewed, or given to another patron. As soon as it is returned to the library, you will get a phone call to come and pick it up. The book will be on hold for 30 days from the date you place a hold.
Remember : You can place a hold only on one book at a time!
Please, feel free to ask the librarians for help.