Borrowing from the Library
- Faculty may borrow up to 20 items for 4 months.
- Books are loaned to faculty for each academic quarter.
- Loans of Videos, DVD’s, CDs and tapes are limited to 2 items (of each type) and can be borrowed for one week. These items cannot be renewed.
- Special Collection material can be borrowed for one week.
- Reference material may be loaned for one day, after consultation with a librarian.
- Faculty may borrow selected journals.
- Replacement fees will be assessed to lost items.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account. The library strongly advises against loaning items you have borrowed to another person. In the event of loss, you will be liable for the applicable replacement fee.
Faculty will often place items “on reserve” in the library. Since many students need to share these items, they can borrow them for 2 hours to use in the library only. In some cases, students can photocopy limited pages of the reserve item. You can check the library catalog for available items and request to reserve them for your course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textbook Loan Program of the AGBU Papazian Library
The PL offers a unique textbook loan program free of charge to its students. After the end of each academic year, the faculty members of the different schools and departments place orders for textbooks to needed for their respective courses for the upcoming year. These textbooks are then loaned to the students at the start of and collected at the end of each academic quarter. The textbooks are stored in the basement of the library and updated regularly upon requests by the faculty members. You can view a detailed list of the textbooks in the Textbook Database.
Lenovo Tablets for Exam and Classes
120 Lenovo tablets are available for lending for the exams and classes upon faculty request. To order tablets for your class or exam, submit a tablet request form (find the link below) at least a day before so that the librarian in charge and the ICTS prepare and provide the tablets in time.
New Book Acquisition Recommendation
Instructors may request acquisition of new books to add to the library collection by filling and submitting the form below.
Thanks to the collaborative efforts of Faculty, the Computer Services Department and the Library, all AUA students have the opportunity to develop and master the information literacy skills they need to succeed in the academic world and beyond.
The Library offers customized instruction sessions for AUA students and Faculty. A successful Instruction session should be scheduled at least a week in advance.
Librarians provide instruction in the following areas:
Using the Papazian Library Catalog
Locating factual information
Locating articles and documents in the library collections
Using journal indexes (online and paper)
Database search strategies
Electronic Document Delivery Service
You can obtain periodical articles and book chapters not found in the library collection through the Interlibrary Loan Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS) by completing and submitting the request form below. This service is restricted to faculty and students.
Librarians serve as a point of contact for faculty and will be glad to answer questions about library collections, student instruction sessions, reserves, etc.
Please contact the staff assigned to your department for assistance.