Services For Faculty
Borrowing from the Library
• Faculty may borrow up to 20 items.
• Books are loaned to faculty for each academic quarter.
• Loans of Videos, DVD’s, CDs and tapes are limited to 2 items (of each type) and can be borrowed for one week. These items cannot be renewed.
• Special Collection material can be borrowed for one week.
• Reference material may be loaned for one day, after consultation with a librarian.
• Faculty may borrow selected journals.
• Replacement fees will be assessed to lost items.
• You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account. The library strongly advises against loaning items you have borrowed to another person. In the event of loss, you will be liable for the applicable replacement fee.
Faculty will often place items “on reserve” in the library. This means that you can ask for the article/book at the Circulation/Reserves Desk or search the catalog to check availability. Since many students need to share these items, they can usually be used for only 2 hours and they may not be taken from the library. In most cases, reserve items can be photocopied.
Textbook Loan Program of the AGBU Papazian Library
The PL offers a unique textbook loan program free of charge to its students. After the end of each scholastic year, the faculty members of the different schools and departments place orders for textbooks to be used in their respective courses for the upcoming year. These textbooks are then loaned to the students at the start of and collected at the end of each academic quarter. The textbooks are stored in the basement of the library and are regularly updated following requests by the faculty members. The list of those textbooks and the related details can be viewed in the Textbook Database.
120 Lenovo tablets are available for lending by an instructor for the classroom use as well as for the exams.
Thanks to the collaborative efforts of Faculty, the Computer Services Department and the Library, all AUA students have the opportunity to develop and master the information literacy skills to succeeding in the academic world and beyond.
The Library offers customized instruction sessions for AUA students and Faculty. A successful Instruction session should be scheduled at least a week in advance.
Librarians provide instruction in the following areas:
Using the Papazian Library Catalog
Locating factual information
Locating articles and documents
Using journal indexes (on-line and paper)
Database search strategies
Electronic Document Delivery Service
Periodical articles and book chapters not found in the library collection may be obtained through the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Document Delivery Services. This service is currently restricted to faculty and students.
Librarians serve as a point of contact for faculty and will be glad to answer questions about library collections, student instruction sessions, reserves, etc.
Please contact the staff assigned to your department for assistance.